Registration is now open for NJYS Orchestral Camp. Click the “Register” tab above. Camp is open to students entering grades 5-9 in Fall 2014. New students register for a camp audition. Current NJYS students – no audition required.
June 29 – July 12
Grades 5 -9
Tuition Before May 17: $990
Tuition After May 17: $1050
Register at the Summer Camp Open House on May 17 and receive an additional $25 off tuition!
Open House: May 17 @ 10 AM – 12 PM
570 Central Avenue in New Providence
Audition Requirements for new students:
- Strings Solo work of your choice, 2 major and 1 melodic minor scale of your choice, sight-reading
- Woodwinds/Brass Solo work of your choice, 2 major, 1 melodic minor, and 1-octave chromatic scale of your choice, sight-reading.
- Percussion Snare drum solo, basic rudiments, mallet and timpani solos (if possible), sight-reading.
Camp Dates and times:
- Week 1
- Sunday, June 29: 12:45-4:30 p.m. (parent meeting at 1:00 p.m.)
- Monday, June 30-Thursday, July 3: 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 4 – NO CAMP
- Week 2
- Monday, July 7 – Thursday, July 10: 8:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 11: 8:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. — Chamber Music Concert 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 12 – 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (may end earlier) Orchestra and Chorus Concert 11:30 a.m.
- Camp Orchestra – All Campers with NJYS Camp Staff
- Chamber Orchestra – Intermediate to Advanced Strings
- Cadet Orchestra – Beginning to Intermediate Strings
- Wind Ensemble – Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion
- Camp Chorus – All Campers participate to develop musical and ensemble skills
- Chamber Music – all campers collaborate in small ensembles which rehearse daily.
- Music Theory and Ear Training
- Instrument Doubling Program – campers can take introductory lessons on
- Recreation – daily physical activities